HG - Spring Mix Salad
HG - Spring Mix Salad
Mixed greens, pickled red onion, garlicky sourdough breadcrumb, pepitas, goat chez
herbed tahini dressing - sesame seed, parsley, garlic, lemon, evoked, apple cider vin
Where do you source your ingredients from?
We primarily use locally sourced ingredients in all of our seasonal products, and rely on many value-added vendors to supplement our always-made-in-house products, including:
- Holmes Sweet Home
- TUFT Confectionary
- MacGregor Orchard
- Rambling Rosa Farm
- Bee Well Honey
- Bio-Way Farm
- Carolina Ground
We also responsibly source bulk items, like butters, flours, or sugars, from distribution partners in the Upstate of SC and Foothills of NC.
Are any of your items gluten free or vegan?
Yes! We feature a number of gluten free or vegan treats as part of our core offerings. We also have developed an incredible vegan and gluten free ice cream that will be available for purchase soon!
Do you use any dyes or synthetic food colorings?
Not really! We prioritize natural food coloring in our products. Sometimes, we will create our own sanding sugars using food colorings for specialty items, and we will always point this out in the product description.
Are you hiring?
We’d love to learn more about you and if you’d make a great fit for the Hester General Store team! You can find open jobs here.
A Brief History of
- Michael Hester builds a store at the
crossroads of Thomas Mill Road and
Hester Store Road
- First floor is a general merchandise store
- Upstairs is a barber shop
- Michael Hester dies
- Oldest son Frank inherits the store
- Frank turns over management of store to his sister Anne. She turns upstairs into a clothing store
- Anne Hester dies, effectively ending the store's general merchandise business
- Frank continues to open on a limited basis as a gathering spot only
1981 - 1982
- Frank Hester dies
- One year later, store sold at auction
Hester Store listed on the National
Register of Historic Places
- Hester Store purchased by Anderson, SC native Katie Chaney (that's me!) for the purpose of returning the store to its former glory as a general store and bakery
- Renamed Hester General Store